Hi,
I've decided to do an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) on human evolution. I have been considering multiple questions/theses to base my EPQ on, however I am unable to find a suitable question. My initial thought was to write a paper on "Are we still evolving?" but found this subject too broad and I'd like to focus on paleoanthropology.
If anyone has any ideas on possible questions/theses it would be much appreciated. I would also be open to ideas for a EPQ project idea that doesn't include a written paper (e.g. Human Evolution Timeline)
Thank you.

Hi Brend,

This made me smile!: 'My initial thought was to write a paper on "Are we still evolving?" but found this subject too broad and I'd like to focus on paleoanthropology.' Because paleaoanthro is such a *small* subject!

I have no idea at what level an EPQ is or how long it is supposed to be. Is it degree level? Lower than a degree? Masters level?

Admittedly, it is a good while since I did human evolution for my undergrad but you need to think about what are you interested in.

You could look at work on the human genome if you're interested in genetics and relatedness; preservation and taphonomy of fossils if you're interested in the bones, geochronology, dietary isotope information, the rise of symbolism, lithic cultures, inferences in sociality etc. etc. etc. The list is endless!

I guess getting an idea from your teacher / tutor / lecturer would also be productive as to the kind of questions they are expecting you to answer.

Once you've had a think and talked to your teacher and if you wish to discuss a specific idea in more depth, please post again. As it is, the question is a bit too broad for us to help you much more than what I've provided above.