My BIO 100 class did a simple double blind experiment to test whether anti-microbial soap eliminated more bacteria than regular hand soap.  We took a swab of both hands for the control group, and one of each hand after washing for the test group.  Most students in the class had colonies of bacteria that had grown over a weeks time, one girl in the class was an outlier however.  Her bacteria did not colonize, instead she had 100's of individual specs, where every other student had dozens of colonies.  She mentioned that she was an athlete and spent 4 hours in the gym every day.  I was wondering if being that active had something to do with it, or if you could provide a proper explanation?

Thank you,

Brent

There could be a number of reasons for this but I don't think being athletic or going to the gym has anything to do with it.