1. Does a large titanium plate implanted on your skull offer significant resistance and protection from gun shots (Such as 9mm bullets shot out froma  Glock 19.)? Or blunt trauma from objects such as metal pipes or thrown rocks?

2. Would those titanium joints replacements offer additional flexibility from it being broken? I do MMA and there are certain joint locks that would easily break a joint no matter how muscular you are. Such as an armbar, a joint lock design to break the elbow very easily. Would these titanium replacements offer stronger resistance or immunity (if it's flexible enough to go the other way, in which it would have been broken, be it a regular elbow joint) to such joint locks?

3. Would these joint replacements add significant damage to an opponent? Example, an elbow strike to an opponent's face. Would the titanium replacement add more damage considering it's harder and heavier than that of regular human bone?

The answer to all 3 questions is no.

1. Titanium plates to replace bone in the skull are strong but would not withstand direct trauma especially a bullet! Also don't forget the surrounding bone it is attached to is (if anything) weaker than usual so that would fracture and the titanium plate would be forced down into the brain.

2. Replacement joints are strong but the bone they are attached to is not. Also the "socket" half of the replacement joint is usually a plastic which again has to be attached to bone. So no, no greater flexibility, and if anything less than the endogenous bone/cartilage joint. The plastic/titanium joints wear out after 10-15 years and need to be replaced.

3. The titanium hip or knee is not much heavier though are more rigid than the ordinary bone. Since it is only the end of the femur that is replaced in a hip or knee and they are actually rather fragile once implanted. I think it MOST unlikely that a replacement joint would cause injury to an opponent in the way you describe. In fact very physical activities such as martial arts are NOT recommended because of the possible damage to the replacement joint and the surrounding bone.

Angelus  then replied:-

(By "implants", I do mean "bonded" with your bones. Due to the high dielectric constant, titanium has the property that can bind to bone and living tissue. Since the implant tissues physically bond with bone, they last longer than when made of materials that need adhesives. The forces required to break the bond are quite high.)

1.) But would it offer even as little as a 1% protection compared to just a bare skull?

Titanium is metal, which would have a higher capacity to receive and repel back shock compared to just a calcium-rich healthy human skull. And let's assume that the titanium plate is implanted over the entire skull (except the jaw joints) like a bowl, enabling the bullet impact shock and force to be spread out. I do know that most bullets (rifles and sub-machine guns, I don't know about handguns) will pass through even an inch of steel, in which titanium would be a more brittle metal than steel. But common sense would suggest that an inch of metal covering something would offer some amount, though little, protection.

Anyways, would the same concept of a titanium bone plates as mentioned above offer a significant amount of protection to smaller amounts of impact forces such as a very strong punch or kick or an extremely strong strike from a hard wood stick, making the chances of getting a concussion smaller?

2.) So would a natural healthy human joint be better than the titanium joints, assuming that your joints are 100% healthy?

What if not only the ulna, radius, humerus, femur, shinbone/tibia, etc. are covered by thick 1 inch titanium bone plates, but other bones (no joints) that could be possible implanted, would these plates offfer some amount of greater protection from forces such as kicks, strike with blunt items, like a hammer, etc. compared to just the bare bone?

And would these plates offer a greater impact force if for example you kick or punch an opponent. Would it be like hitting your opponent with a titanium baseball bat covered with skin if you kick your enemy using the shinbone/tibia, instead of just a calcium-rich bone basball bat covered with skin?

3.) Considering that titanium, though light, is 2.4 times more dense than human bone, would having all the bones in your body, excluding the joints and the bones that cannot be placed with a titanium bone plate due to the limitation to today's technology, be implanted titanium bone plates affect your weight greatly? If for example you weighed 70 Kg before the titanium bone plate operation (doesn't have to be just one operation), would you come out weighing 80 or even 90 Kg?

4.) Would titanium technology offer a great innovation to fracture protection and warfare as of today's technologies?

Your questions are now all firmly in the realm of science fiction and remind me of the "terminator" films. I suppose in theory yes replacing or covering bones with a titanium sheath might make them stronger but I am very sceptical about the long term advantages of this. Firstly, titanium does not just “bond” to bone it requires various resins and bonding materials so that is a potentially “weak link". Far more importantly living bone grows and remodels with the needs of the organism and its surrounding – inanimate titanium sheaths or replacement bones are not able to do that. Damage or fractures to the titanium will require operations to replace them regularly each of which has risks. Lastly our red and white blood cells and platelets are all made by bone marrow: no bones = no bone marrow = death!

In summary we do not have the technology to do what you suggest and the ethics of it  would be very dubious! That said it makes good books and films!

It puts me more in mind of Wolverine from the X-man comics and later cartoons and films, except he was reinforced with Adamantium, an entirely fictional metal alloy.

Biomechanically, metal isn't that great. With repetitive stress and strain forces metals tend to bend or fracture until they fail, whereas biological tissues respond by reinforcing the areas where stress and strain are high by remodelling the bone. Bones also have the advantage of providing suitable (adaptable) sites for muscle and tendon attachment - I think that metal would be far less suitable for such a purpose. Finally, metal has no ability to heal itself - so once it was damaged there would be no way in which to repair it (without it being removed and remade). Ouch.