I've always loved dinosaurs and was doing some background research on paleontology as a future career but i discovered maths seemed a vital skill which put me off because i'm quite weak at math. Is it a major part of paleontology? Because i still want to do it.

It's not necessarily a major part, but can be very useful.

I am not very good at maths and it has definitely been a problem for me. Hindsight is 20:20 and I can't go back now and change. But I can advise you to keep it up! It will help.

To add to what Peter and David have already said, some aspects of palaeontology require a lot of math and some don't. Describing the skeletal anatomy of a new dinosaur would normally require hardly any math, but estimating its body mass would require a little and comparing its skull shape or limb proportions to those of other dinosaurs might require a lot if you decided to take a quantitative, statistical approach.

It's possible to have a perfectly good career in palaeontology without ever having to do much math, but mathematical skills make it possible for a palaeontologist to tackle a much wider range of problems. I would agree strongly with David's recommendation that you should keep working on math even if it seems difficult at the moment. You might find that with the right teacher, the right book, or the right approach to studying, concepts that seemed confusing and hard to grasp suddenly become much clearer, and even enjoyable to play around with.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that doing math as a professional scientist often involves entering some kind of numerical data (like measurements of bones) into a computer programme and then sitting back to watch the results emerge. It's still important to understand the principles behind what the software is doing, and to know how to interpret the results, but the process feels very different from slogging through calculations in a math class.