Good afternoon.
I would like to ask, what is the right term of bee's body cover. Is it hair or fur?  As far as i know bee is covering by hair and not 'fur'. Does the term or fur or hair on bee is just the same? Can use both terms?

I am teaching science on a topic characteristic of animal in primary school.

Hello Illey,
The technical term among invertebrate workers would be setae, from the Latin for bristles. Most people who work on invertebrates tend to talk about their organisms being hairy or having hairs, rather than using fur or furry, when they need to describe their organisms to people not versed in invertebrate anatomy.


"Hope is a duty from which palaeontologists are exempt."
David Quammen

a bumblebee's coating is called pile, and is made up of lots of individual, branched hairs or setae. So you could refer to hairs, but not fur.