Okay so there is this querry near my house and in the summer I got bored and went fishing there an I caught this I'm not sure what it is it looks like a rock bass but it's body resembles a perch, do you have any idea on what it is

Post's pictures

image.jpg, 599.73 kb, 1200 x 1600

Fish common names vary a lot with geography and we don’t know where you are but I’m going to assume Canada/US in which case by “bass” you probably mean a member of the sunfish family (Centrarchidae) and by “perch” you probably mean the yellow perch (Perca flavescens).

If so then I would say this is not a perch. Certainly it lacks the characteristics vertical banding pattern and the way the dorsal has folded doesn’t look right (useful to pull the dorsal(s) up for identifying fish!).  I would say it is a bass, but not a rock bass (Ambloplites species) as the body shape is wrong. I would tentatively ID this as a juvenile smallmouth bass (Micropterus dolomieu) though I have limited knowledge of this group and wouldn’t be surprised to be told I am wrong!