I am working on a work of fiction in which computers store data on dna. This is already a technology, but i am hoping to take it one step further. We have the bility to create artificial triple helix DNA. Would there be any benefit to this over the standard double helix.
The idea is that the computers of this fiction are nearly limitless in storage potential, as they utilize Qbits for Quantum computing and store the quantum coding on the triple helix DNA Strand. The limitations then would be the complexity of the program being stored and the drives ability to read and write. (Better drives would be able to handle large programs and a lot faster)

I'm not a scientist and am playing heavily with Star Trek like psuedo Science in general, and am more looking for plausability rather than total accuracy.

I also understand that Quad Helix DNA exixsts as a far more stable, but far shorter strand. I was thinking of using this as hard coded (firmware style) memory.

I compeltely understand if this is not the type of question people are qualified or willing to answer, but I am finding nothing online that can help, and it's a bit of a thing with me, that my science in fiction be at least plausible and not outright magical.

Thanks :)

you have not asked a question other than would there be benefits of a triple helix as compared to double. we can't answer that since there is no evidence base to rely on. all we can say in your story is that it could theoretically be possible and thus might give greater storage capacity.